Picture By: Celebrationsathomeblog.com

Thursday, January 12, 2012

And so it begins...

Prim (prim)
  -adj. primmer, primmest
synonyms: chic, classy, elegant, formal, nice, proper, stylish...

Practical (prak-ti-kuhl)
-adj.
synonyms: cost-effective, doable, efficient, handy, sensible, useful...


I knew that I wanted to start a blog a few months ago, but I had no idea what it would be about.  I wanted to wait and come up with the right genre before I started.

Then one day as I was browsing the internet, a.k.a. Pinterest and Etsy, looking for ideas for my sister's baby shower, and I came across two things that surprised me.

1. I found these amazing striped paper straws that I knew I had to get for the shower.  I saw where someone on another blog said that she got them for "really cheap" - $6.00 for 25 straws.  I thought to myself, "Is that really cheap??"  And true to my nature, I searched around and ended up finding these same straws for a MUCH better deal! - $7.92 for 144 straws! (Amazon.com)


 


2. Next, the above mentioned straws were being used in mason jars, so I began my search for mason jars.  The website I was looking at again said what a great deal they were on Etsy! She got 6 blue-tinted mason jars for $40.00. What!? No way this is a great deal! I need at least 48 of these things!  I went off on another search and found them! - $36.00 for 48 mason jars! Boo-ya! (K-mart! Who would have thought??)
*Also, FYI - the blue-tinted jars do not justify that much of a price increase either. Check Pinterest and you can find a tutorial for DIY tinted mason jars in any color you like!



And then it hit me! YES!!!  THIS is what my blog is going to be about!  I'm going to post about the great deals I find on super cute items and DIY projects and decorating ideas, and hopefully help my readers save a little money while creating amazing things!

There it was! The content of my blog was alive.  And I am sooooo excited and happy to begin sharing with you!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a clever idea! I look forward to reading more. Wishing you much success and many readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, Kelli! I'll definitely be checking back to see your cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete